We mentioned that there would be last minute adjustments to the schedule because of the nature of the lighting project currently going on. Please be aware of the following changes & check back often:
As of 19 March 2021:
We expect to resume normalcy in our parish schedule. Thank you for your patience as work continues, but not to the extent it was happening prior.
As of 12 March 2021:
It has been a very busy week here at Prince of Peace. We were able to bring the greater part of the lighting project to a close this week, which means that we will be able to celebrate Holy Mass in the church this weekend. There is still work to be done on the exterior lighting of the church and new illumination of the side altars. The pews will be in place, but will not be fixed, so please be aware of this as you sit down. We took advantage of the opportunity of having the pews removed to address some long-standing issues with the sound system. We discovered that there are numerous issues with the electrical wiring in the church, so we have been very busy addressing those issues. That means that we will have daily mass at St Rafka’s next week on the usual schedule, as we bring the sound system up to speed, and pursue a deep clean of the church surfaces and windows which can only be done with the lift. As you can imagine, as you uncover things that need to be done, it adds to the list. I am very proud of our staff and our vendors for going above and beyond the call of duty to get all of this done.
- Weekend of 13-14 March Sunday Mass in the church this weekend.
- Confessions in Parish House until further notice.
- Compline is cancelled for Lent.
- Stations of the Cross for 12 March will be inside in the PAC (100% masked) at 6.30p & outside on the plaza at 7p (rain plan: in the Narthex)
- Daily Mass 15-19 March: at St Rafka’s Maronite Church
- The Blessed Sacrament has been removed to the Adoration Chapel because of the work in the church.
- The church will remain closed during the week; Chapel will continue to be open.
- Perpetual Adoration: no changes