waitlist only FREE Academic STEAM Robotics Summer Camp: The academic program is driven from Catapult Learning’s Summer Journey Program that combines Achieve Literacy and Mathematics, as well as curricula from Prince of Peace. The enrichment programing is STEM Robotics driven from the Engineering Design Process. Ultimately, the experience would balance academic enrichment and learning with fun and engaging activities.
- What are the dates for the camp? June 28th through July 29th (we have built in a “break” in the camp from July 12th through the 19th to allow families to participate in Totus Tuus).
- What are the days/hours for the camp? The camp is scheduled for 9a to 12n each day, Monday through Thursday for each week of the camp . The schedule will include 1 hour of mathematics, 1 hour of literacy and 1 hour of enrichment (STEM Robotics)
- What is the cost of the camp? As a result of the EANS (Emergency Assistance for Non-Public Schools) funding, we are able to offer this academic camp FREE OF CHARGE. The only cost for the camp is a $13.95 fee for a POPCS summer camp tee shirt. Comparable camps in the Greenville area are asking $150 to $300 per week, so this is an amazing opportunity for the Prince of Peace community!
- Who are the teachers? Qualified teachers from Catapult Learning will be leading the sessions. Some of our very own POPCS teachers may participate as well!
- What are the class sizes? Class sizes are limited to 10 students for each group with four classes currently being offered. Students will be grouped in the following manner:
- Group 1: K5-1st
- Group 2: 2nd-3rd
- Group 3: 4th-5th
- Group 4: Middle School
- How do we register for the camp? Registration will be first come, first served. A waiting list will be established once a group has been filled and, if there is enough demand, we will be able to add additional groups. It is our hope to provide the camp experience for all who would like to attend. We do ask that you only register if you are able to commit to the dates the camp is offered. Click HERE to register for the 2021 Prince of Peace of Peace Academic Summer Camp.
- How do I purchase my required camp t-shirt? Click here.
nearly full Totus Tuus Vacation Bible School: 11-16 July 2021. 9a-2.30p on Monday-Friday for students entering grades 1-6, 7p-9p on Sunday-Thursday for students entering grades 7-12. Each grade (1-6) will be limited to 12 students. Cost is $35/child, $80 maximum/family. What makes Totus Tuus special? The Totus Tuus program was developed by Catholics and teaches the Catholic faith. Totus Tuus is run by a team of enthusiastic, college-age adults who are on fire for our faith. The Totus Tuus program follows a 6-year curriculum cycle. So even if you came last year, or three years ago, the material is going to be different. Not to mention, the team changes each year so the leaders will have a totally fresh perspective. The elementary program sells out every year, so register early. For registration & additional information, contact Maria Barontini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 spot left Archery Camp will be 21-25 June from 9a-11.30a each day for rising 4th grade-9th grade students of the school or parish. Learn the basics of the National Archery in Schools Program sponsored by the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources. The cost is $85 for the 1st child. And, in families with multiple children, $75 for the 2nd child, and $65 for 3rd child+. Limit 12 in the camp (first come, first served paid & completed registration). Until further notice by the Diocese of Charleston, COVID protocols will be followed. Email Coach Moreauor pick up the forms in the school office. Deadline 28 May.
Dribble for Destiny Summer Basketball Camp is for ages 6-13 boys and girls. It will be held 9a-12p on Tuesday, 6 July—Friday, 9 July. Camp includes ball dribbling, passing, shooting, ball handling, daily contests, daily devotions, video, snack and full court play round out each days activities. The Awards Ceremony is on 9 July @ 11a. The cost is $119 and includes a t-shirt OR ball. Registration forms are available in the parish office or online. Maximum of 50 athletes.
Summer Art Camp with Marilyn Alber is a great way for kids entering 1st-8th grade to kick off summer and be creative. Choose between week 1 (14-18 June) and/or week 2 (21-25 June). Classes are held for 2 hours each day Monday-Friday in the Media & Art Bldg. The cost of a 1-week session is $160, materials provided. The registration deadline is Friday, 28 May. No refunds are given after 1 June. Forms are available at the school office. For additional information, please contact Marilyn at email@example.com.
Come play “pick up” soccer this summer at POPCS. Mr. Barontini will be supervising a series of small-sided soccer games, Thursday nights from June 17 to July 15 (with a rain makeup game on July 22). We will be playing a series of 3 v 3 or 4 v 4 games to have fun, keep in contact with friends or make new ones. Contact nathan.barontini@