Heavenly Father, through Blessed Karl You have given the People of God an example of how we can live a discerning and spiritual life in a convincing and courageous way.
Click below to read this week’s bulletin:
All Saints Day—Friday, 1 November
- All Saints’ Day is when the Church commemorates all saints, known and unknown. It is a Holy Day of Obligation. A great prayer on this day is the Litany of the Saints: https://www.fisheaters.com/litanysaints.html
- Our Mass schedule is: 7a Quiet Mass; 8.30a School Mass; 12p EF Mass; 7p Sung Mass
All Souls’ Day—Saturday, 2 November
- Every year for All Souls’ Day, we place a candle on the altar of St Joseph in honor of all those who have died from our parish in the past year. You may pick up the candle of your family member from the parish office 1 Dec-1 Jan.
- We will have a vase of white roses for all miscarried babies and a single red rose for all aborted babies.
- The All Souls Novena will be in the “How to Send Souls to Heaven“ packet that will be in the bulletin the weekend of 20 October.
- We will have a Board of Remembrance at the St Joseph Altar, which will be set up as a Requiem Altar for the month of November. You may bring copies of photos of your loved ones to pin to the board. At the end of the month of November, the board will be taken down and the pictures will be collected and stored in the Parish Office.
- Please contact Maria Rauch with the name of your loved ones who died since All Souls Day 2018 (2 November 2018), so they can be read aloud before the 9a Mass on Saturday, 2 November. If the funeral was at POP, you need not call.
- Masses to pray for the souls of the just who are being prepared for the glorious vision of God will be on Saturday, 2 November at 8a Latin Mass & 9a English Mass.
- All registered active households receive 2 envelopes for All Soul’s Day in the September/October packet. One is for the offertory on All Soul’s Day and the other is to write on the front the names of your beloved deceased. Please complete and drop the envelope in any collection during the month of October so that those names will be placed on the altar of remembrance.